Petrel Pause Effective Immediately
Due to an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in our Oglethorpe community, we will implement a Petrel Pause effective immediately. The Petrel Pause is a period of enhanced social distancing for Petrels Authorized for Campus Access (PACAs).
As part of the Petrel Pause, campus residents and commuters to campus should refrain from participating in social gatherings and other high-risk activities, and strictly limit themselves to essential travel off campus.
During this time:
- Petrel Pods will be suspended for campus residents
- Campus dining will move to take-out only (no in-person dining)
- Activities will be moved online
- Changes to mode of course instruction may be determined by individual faculty
The Pause will be lifted on Wednesday, April 28, provided that:
- COVID-19 cases have stabilized based on COVID-19 testing
- Daily compliance with the LifeguardRx app by all PACAs has significantly improved
- COVID-19-related conduct cases have been reduced
While we are confident that the spread has been contained through isolating all identified active cases and quarantining close contacts, this Petrel Pause is critical to reducing new cases.
Many of the current cases have been the result of COVID-19 conduct violations, and further failure to abide by public health guidelines such as proper mask-wearing and social distancing.
It is important for all PACAs to continue observing the policies outlined in the COVID-19 Handbook, regardless of vaccination status. Please remember that everyone shares a commitment to the health and well-being of all members of our Oglethorpe community.