COVID-19 Update: 8/12/21
The COVID-19 Task Force has reconvened to discuss the prevalence of COVID-19 variants in the surrounding community. The latest CDC guidance is being reviewed, and updated plans and procedures for returning to campus this fall will be shared with the Oglethorpe community in the coming days.
Vaccine clinics on campus
To assist community members and their families with receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, Oglethorpe will host vaccination clinics on campus.
These free, walk-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics will be offered in partnership with the DeKalb County Board of Health. No appointment, identification, proof of citizenship or health insurance are needed, and the clinics are open to the entire community.
These clinics will administer the Pfizer vaccine in the Traer Hall parking lot facing the Turner Lynch Campus Center on the following dates:
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021 – 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 – 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
The Pfizer vaccine is available for individuals 12 years of age and older. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone ages 12-17.
Additional vaccination sites
- Please note the new address for the Brookhaven COVID-19 vaccination site as of July 29, 2021: 3371 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA 30319. The Pfizer vaccine is offered every day of the week EXCEPT for Wednesday. There is no cost, and no appointment or insurance are needed. View details.
- On Wednesdays only, the Santa Fe Mall off Venture Drive in Gwinnett County is offering the Pfizer vaccine with no appointment and no cost. No insurance is needed. View details.
- Visit vaccine.gov to locate a vaccination site near you.
Vaccination acknowledgment deadline
The deadline for students to acknowledge their vaccination status is tomorrow, August 13. The university’s vaccination policy prioritizes the health and well-being of the community. In-person classes, residential life and gatherings on campus will be made possible through everyone’s commitment to be fully vaccinated upon arriving this fall.