The COVID-19 Task Force released a Campus Protection Guide that introduced three protection phases for campus operations. Oglethorpe is currently operating under the red phase, with campus being closed with limited exceptions and delivering fully remote instruction.
- Reduce furniture in existing classrooms/labs to meet current social distancing standards within each space
- Short-term conversions of larger spaces on campus to classrooms to allow larger sections to meet while adhering to social distancing recommendations
- Addition of hand-sanitizing and disinfecting wipe stations in every classroom
- In some classrooms that use tables for student desks, installation of Plexiglas dividers between students
- Installation of new technology to facilitate hybrid learning
- Disinfect all classroom surfaces daily above the standard daily cleaning, frequency to be determined
- Disinfect all non-traditional classroom spaces (computer lab workstation surfaces, music and voice practice spaces, laboratory spaces, fine arts, etc.) in conjunction to the same frequency as established for all general classrooms, minimum 1x/day recommended
Updated 06/24/20: Tables below have been updated to include additional spaces, including some labs, etc. Capacities have also been increased in some classroom settings where the furniture allows for the placement of physical barriers between students that meet OSHA guidelines. *denotes classrooms with physical barriers in place
All social distance capacities are calculated using existing furniture; numbers could be increased in some cases by purchasing new furniture (i.e. more training type tables vs. round tables). These numbers are subject to change.
Proposed Additional Classrooms
|Library||24 hr room||30|
|Robinson||001 & 002||20|
|Schmidt Recreation Center||Main Floor||100|