Updates for move-in
Vaccine Policy for Spring 2022
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends COVID-19 booster shots for all who are eligible (see details). To ensure that our campus community has the highest level of protection against COVID-19 and its variants, all faculty, staff and students must receive a COVID-19 booster by January 31, 2022. Those in compliance with the fall 2021 vaccine mandate should now be eligible for a COVID-19 booster.
Update your vaccination status or apply for a medical or religious exemption through the appropriate method below. If you already received a medical or religious exemption, you are exempt from the booster and do not need to resubmit your information. Additionally, if your vaccination status has changed, or you now have your booster, you must also update your status through the appropriate method below.
- Student vaccine acknowledgment form (students should log in using their Slate ID)
- Employee vaccine acknowledgment through Paycom (contact HR Director Sandy Butler for further questions)
Oglethorpe University will offer COVID-19 booster shots as part of a free walk-up vaccination clinic on Friday, February 4, 2022 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Turner Lynch Campus Center Trustee Room. Some campus residents may be unable to arrive for move-in with a COVID-19 booster. In these cases, if you intend to get your booster at the clinic on campus on February 4, please email [email protected] so that the case management team is aware of your intention to get your COVID-19 booster by the end of Welcome Week.
FOR FACULTY/STAFF: Please update your vaccination status and your completed vaccination card through the module in Paycom if you have not done so already (you should have been prompted to do so from Paycom). If your booster is on a separate card, then include both cards when you upload the photo of your completed vaccination card(s).
COVID-19 test required for campus residents for Spring 2022
As the start of the spring semester will present a period of higher risk of COVID-19 spread, all campus residents will be required to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of their scheduled move-in – regardless of vaccination status. Both PCR and antigen tests, which include at-home tests, are accepted.
At this time, students should arrange to obtain their own COVID-19 test. If you have issues accessing a COVID-19 test, please reach out to [email protected].
Test4Free.org has a COVID-19 testing site near the Oglethorpe campus at Lenox Square Mall (3301 Lenox Square Parkway NE, Atlanta GA 30326). This site will have additional staffing on hand for members of the Oglethorpe community on Saturday, January 29 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and Sunday, January 30 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Oglethorpe will provide limited shuttle service from the keyhole loop on campus to the Lenox Square Mall testing site on Saturday, January 29 for those in the Oglethorpe community. Anyone planning to be tested at this site should sign up for an appointment online. Students should submit the PDF of their result to the COVID-19 test submission form for students.
Residents who test positive prior to move-in should avoid coming to campus and follow CDC guidelines for isolating. Additionally, those who test positive should contact both [email protected] and [email protected] for additional instructions, which will include information on alternative move-in arrangements.
Additional COVID-19 testing protocols
Following baseline testing for campus residents and those who are not fully vaccinated, the university will continue to test a randomized percentage of the campus population who are not up to date on their vaccines on a weekly basis. Individuals will be notified via email when they are selected and must submit a valid test result as instructed in the email.
Isolation and Quarantine
Refer to CDC guidance for the latest details surrounding isolation and quarantine. Isolation pertains to individuals who test positive for COVID-19, and quarantine pertains to those who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Additional details for isolation and quarantine can be found in the COVID-19 Handbook.
- August 27 – First-year student move-in day (details will be sent via email)
- August 29 – Returning student move-in day (details will be sent via email)
- August 30 – First day of classes
- September 6 – Labor Day
- October 18-19 – Fall Break
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving Break
- December 8-14 – Final Exams
- December 15 – Residence halls close at 10 a.m.
- November 1, 2021 – Housing application available
- December 15, 2021 – Housing application deadline
- January 5, 2022 – Move-in
- January 17, 2022 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday (no classes)
- January 28, 2022 – Last day of class and move-out (Students that are registered for spring semester housing can stay in their room assignment between January 28-February 2)
- February 1, 2022 – Move-in (details will be sent via email)
- February 2, 2022 – First day of classes
- March 21-25, 2022 – Spring Break
- May 11-17, 2022 – Final Exams
- May 18, 2022 – Residence halls close at 10 a.m. for non-graduating seniors
- May 21, 2022 – Commencement
- May 22, 2022 – Residence hall close at 10 a.m. for all graduating seniors
For further details, view the academic calendar.